Welcome to "the Sanctarii," home of the Sanctuary of the Ancients.
This web site represents my conscious intention to honor what I am herein referring to as "the Sanctarii." I was first consciously introduced to the Sanctarii by Maia Christianne Nartoomid of Spirit Heart Sanctuary and Spirit Mythos. With her permission, I share herein an excerpt of an article Maia wrote which so eloquently explains the Sanctarii which are the theme of this site.
excerpted from an article by Maia Christianne Nartoomid
In the Aloii language of ancient Lemuria, a "sanctuary" was called a "sanctarii." The "Sanctarii" were a specific type of sanctari or sanctuary. In English, I am adding an extra "i" to denote this. The vowel sound of the "i" was written in Aloii as a dot. The Sanctarii then, contained two dots rather than only one, to denote the difference between simply the meaning of the word "sanctuary" and the specific type of sanctuary that was recognized as "Sanctarii." "ii" was the sacred nothing, which would also be interpreted as the sacred presence, for "nothing" and "presence" in Aloii were the same word. To the mind-set of the user of the Aloii language, to have "no-thing" was to be unattached to "things" and thus to be sustained fully in presence.
The Sanctarii then, were sanctuaries of an intentional consciousness which held sacred presence. While each Sanctarii was unique unto itself, they did have some rudimentary similarities among them:
1) They held Sacred Presence. (more on this later.)
2) The Sanctarii were open to receive all who wished to drink from the font of its "sanctuary."
3) They possessed an inner core group, the "Sancta," who maintained the physical Sanctarii and performed a spiritual service of "saii" or "holding sacred presence."
4) The four sacred elements of the earth were employed in their few basic rituals and ceremony, with a particular element being central to them. For one Sanctarii it might be earth, for another it could be water, etc. Nature in general was very much emphasized by the Sanctarii.
5) Music and chanting sacred activational mantrams played a major role in the Sanctarii, although the types of music and the manner of presentation varied within each.
6) The nurturing of children and animals was of special importance within the Sanctarii.
7) Only the Sancta lived within the Sanctarii. All others
who partook of it would do so mostly from a distance (via inner-plane and
spiritual connection), only physically visiting the Sanctarii at certain
times of key significance, or when in specific need. Usually (but not
always) there were a few retreat cells for visitors to stay for several days
or weeks, depending on the need.
holding spiritual presence
To the Sancta and those who integrated their lives with them and the Sanctarii they served, the holding of spiritual presence was a conscious maintaining of an vibration. This vibration permeating their lives (most especially true of the Sancta), and out-pictured in the various ways which the "Presence Holders of the Sacred" chose to express themselves to the world. The Sancta themselves were not cloistered, nor could they even be considered as introverted in their practices as a monastery. They were not extremely active in an outer way, and yet they did interact with the world, as to the Sancta, the world was not an evil place full of temptation, but a truly precious realm which simply was not yet fully developed, and therefore needed the "spiritual presence" maintained within it by those willing and capable of devoting their lives to this purpose. The Sancta and those who in the outer world who joined them in their presence-holding, believed that by holding spiritual presence, they not only did so for themselves, but for the entire planet.
read full version of this article